Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ramanuja's Gita Bhashyam - Chapter 3 - Karma Yoga - sloka 23

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of Ramanuja Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission.

What the spiritual aspirant must do - sloka 19-26
1 Gita Sloka every day - Chapter 3 -Karma Yoga - Sloka 23

Yadi hi aham na varteyam jatu karmani atandritah I
Mama vartma anuvartante  manusyah partha sarvasah II sloka 23
यदि हि अहं न वर्तेयं जातु कर्मणि अतन्द्रितः ।
मम वर्त्म अनुवर्तन्ते मनुष्याः पार्थ सर्वशः ।। श्लोक २३ 


If I  did not continue to work unwearied, O Arjuna, men would follow my path.


If I the Lord of all, whose will is always true, whose sport consists in creation, sustenation and dissolution of universe, at my will, even though I am born at my pleasure as a man to help the world - If I , thus incarnating in the family of Vasudeva, who is foremost amongst the virtuous men, did not continue to work unwearied at all times suitable to that family, then these men with incomplete knowledge would follow my path. They would think that the way adopted  by the son of virtuous Vasudeva alone is the real way. And in place, of winning of the self, they would go to Naraka because of their failure to do what ought to be done and also because of the sin arising from non-performance of duty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment