Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ramanuja's Gita Bhashyam - Chapter 3 - Karma Yoga - sloka 22

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of Ramanuja Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission.

What the spiritual aspirant must do - sloka 19-26
1 Gita Sloka every day - Chapter 3 -Karma Yoga - Sloka 22
Kurukshetra
Na me partha asti kartavyam trishu lokeshu kimchan I
Na anavaptam avaptavyam  varta evacha karmani II sloka 22
न मे पार्थ अस्ति कर्तव्यं त्रिषु लोकेषु किंचन ।
न अन्वाप्तं अवाप्तव्यं वर्त एवच कर्मणि ।। श्लोक २२ 

For me, O Arjuna, there is nothing in all the three worlds, that has to be done, nor is there anything unacquired that must be acquired; Yet I go on working. 

For me, who is the Lord of all, who has all desires fulfilled, who is omniscient, whose will is always true, and who at my own will, remains in the three worlds in the forms of God, men, and such other beings, there is nothing whatever to achieve. Therefore, though there is nothing for Me unacquired, ie., nothing yet to be acquired by work, I go on working for the protection of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment