Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 11 - Viswarupa Darasana Yoga - Sloka 18

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevavananda's translation of The Ramanuja Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission

The Cosmic Vision Defined 15-31
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 11 - Viswarupa Darsana Yoga - Sloka 18


Tvam aksharam paramam veditavyam tvam asya vishvasya param nidhanam I
Tvam avyayah shashvata dharma gopta sanatanah tvam prurushah mantah me II sloka 18
त्वं अक्षरं परमं वेदितव्यं त्वं अस्य विश्वस्य परम् निधानम् I 
त्वं अव्ययः शाश्वत धर्म गोप्त सनातनः त्वं पुरुषः मन्तः मे II  श्लोक 18

You are the Imperishable supreme one to be realised. You are the supreme substratum of this universe.You are immutable, the guardian of the eternal law, I know you are the supreme person who is everlasting.

You alone are the supreme imperishable person indicated in upanishadic passages. You alone are the supreme substratum of the universe, i.e. the supreme support of the universe. You are immutable i.e, not liable to mutation. Whatever might be your attributes or divine manifestations, you remain unchanged in your form. You alone are the guardian of the eternal law - you who protect the eternal dharma of the vedas by incarnations like this. I know you are the everlasting person. I know you are the eternal  person, described in passages in the Upanishads. You who were till now known to me as the most distinguished of the race of the yadu, have been realised by me now through the direct perception as of this nature, i.e, of a nature unknown to me before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment