Monday, January 28, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 15


The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevavananda's translation of The Ramanuja  Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission

How these great souls occupy themselves is given in the following slokas:

The Ways of the Devoted 13-15
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 15

Jnana ajnanena chapyanye yajantah mam upasate I
Ekatvena pruthaktvena bahudha vishwatah mukham  sloka 15
ज्ञान अज्ञानेन चाप्यन्ये यजन्तः मां उपासते I 
एकत्वेन पृथक्त्वेन बहुधा विश्वतह् मुखं II श्लोक 15


Others too, besides offering the sacrifice of knowledge, worship me as one, who characterised by diversity in numerous ways, is multiformed in my cosmic aspect.

Other high minded persons worship me by singing my names etc. They also perform the sacrifice of knowledge. They worship me, characterised by diversity in various ways, in the form of the cosmos, is a multiform, having all entities as "modes" (PrakArAs) and also as one
 (PrakAri). The purport of this is : The Lord Vasudeva alone,having the body comprising of animate and inanimate entities in an extremely subtle form (in the state of cosmic dissolution) incapable of distinctness by name and form, resolves  by his unfailing true will power: "May I become embodied in gross animate and inanimate entities distinguished variously by name and form". He alone then abides, with the variegated cosmos as his body, comprising of gods, animals, men and immobile things. They worship me by contemplating on me thus. 

Therefore Sri Krishna declares, " I, having the universe for my body, alone abide". 

No comments:

Post a Comment