Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 14

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of The Bhagavad  Gita , published by Ramakrishna Mission

How these great souls occupy themselves is given in the following slokas:

The Ways of the Devoted 13-15
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 14
Gopikas lost searching for Krishna
Satatam keertayantah mam yatantah cha drdavarata I
Namasyantah cha mam bhaktya nitya yuktah upasate II sloka 14
सततं कीर्तयन्तः मां  यतन्तः च द्र्दवर्तते I
नमस्यन्तः च मां भक्तया नित्य युक्तः उपासते I I  श्लोक 14


Glorifying me always, striving, firm in vows, prostrating before me, they worship me with devotion ever steadfast.

Mind takes the colouring of what it glorifies; by glorifying god, godly qualities come to it. Further mind gets to know more of the field in which it strives. Venturing in divine pursuit, it imbibes the divine increasingly. Rigid vows add to self culture. By prostrating before god, one gives oneself over to him; and by worshiping him with devotion one's individuality gets merged in god. Because of these varieties of ways of creating link with the lord, the devotees thus engaged are said to be ever steadfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment