Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 10

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of The Ramanuja  Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission

The Relationship between Saguna Brahman and Prakriti 1-10
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 10
Naimisaranyam
Maya adhyakshena prakritih suyate sacharacharam I
Hetuna nena kaunteya jagad viparivartate II sloka 10
माया अध्यक्षेण प्रकृतिः सूयते सचराचरं I 
हेतुना नेन कौन्तेय जगद विपरिवर्तते I  श्लोक 10

Because of my proximity, Prakriti produces all this, the moving and the unmoving; the world tehrefore, revolves, O son of Kunti.

Therefore, my prakriti, looked at by me, through my will and under my supervision creates the world with its mobile and immobile beings in accordance with the karma of individual selves,Because of this namely, my look at prakriti in conformity with the karma of individual selves the world revolves. Behold in this wonderful phenomenon the lordly power  inherent to me, the son of vasudeva, such as my soveriegnity, true resolve and being devoid of cruelty and similar blemishes! So declare the srutis: The possessor of maya projects this universe out of this. The other (i.e.individual self) is confined by maya in the world. One should know the maya to be prakriti; and the possessor of the maya to be the mighty lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment