Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ramanuja's Gita Bhashyam - Chapter 2 - sloka 7


The entire content of this post is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of  The Bhagavad Gita, published by Ramakrishna Mission.


1 Gita Sloka every day - Chapter 2 - Samkhya Yoga - Sloka 7 
Krishna carrying wooden sandals for his father, Nanda

Karpanyadosha upahat svabhavah prachami tvam dharma sammudha chetah I
Yat shreya syatnih chitam bruhi tatme shishyah te aham shadhimam tvam prapannam II sloka 7

कार्पण्य दोष उपहत स्वभावः पर्छामि त्वां धर्म सं मूढ चेताः ।
यत् श्रेय स्यात् निः  चितं ब्रुहि तत्मे शिष्यः ते अहं शाधि माम त्वां  प्रपन्नं ।। श्लोक 7

With my heart stricken by the fault of weak compassion, with my mind perplexed about my duty, I request you to say for certain what is good for me. I am your disciple. Teach me who has taken refuge in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment