Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 27

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of Bhagavad Gita , published by Ramakrishna Mission

Worship of Iswara is the Easiest - 26-28
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 27
Uddhava laments Krishna's leaving
Yat karoshi yat ashnasi yat juhyoshi dadasi yat I
Yat tapasyasi kaunteya tat kurusva mad arpanam II sloka 27
यत् करोषि यत् अश्नासि यत् जुःयोसि ददासि यत् I
यत् तपस्यसि कौन्तेय तत् कुरुष्व मद्  अर्पणम् II श्लोक 27

Whatever you do, whatever you eat, whatever you offer in sacrifice, whatever you gift away, whatever austerities you practise, O Kaunteya, do it as an offering to me.

The panacea for all evils of earthly life is presented here. To change the secular into sacred is the only way to metamorphose the human into the divine. Self seeking ought to give place to self denial. Making gift is often for self advertisement. Practising austerity with self interest may bring in spiritual vanity. But when all these good deeds are done for the glory of the Lord, the doer emerges as divine. The turning point in life comes in dedicating man's everything to God, instead of petitioning to him for things here and hereafter.

"O Lord! I an instrument; you are its manipulator. I am the house; you are the resident. I am the chariot and you the charioteer. I move as you make me move. I speak as you direct. My doings are all your doings. Not I; Not I; but you."
Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

1 comment:

  1. JAYA SRI KRISHNA CHAITANYA PRABHU NITYANANDA SRI ADWAITA GADADHAR SRIBAS ADI GOUR BHAKTA BRINDA HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAM HARE RAM RAM RAM HARE HARE.

    ReplyDelete