Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 34

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of Bhagavad Gita , published by Ramakrishna Mission

How to pray to God? It is made clear:
The Neutral Iswara is the Votary's Own 29-34
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 34
Naimisaranyam
Man manah bhava mad bhaktah mad yaji mam namaskuru I
Mam eva eshyasi yuktva evam atmanam mad prayanah II sloka 34
मद्  मनाः भव मद्  भक्तः मद्  याजी मां नमस्कुरु I
मां एव एष्यसि युक्त्वा एवं आत्मानं मद्  परायणः II  श्लोक 34

Fix your mind on me; be devoted to me; sacrifice unto me; bow down to me. Having thus made yourself steadfast in me, taking me as the supreme goal, you will come unto me.
A selfish man resorts to God to have his desires fulfilled and his individuality preserved. But the injunction of the Lord to the discerning devotee is different. The sadhaka is not to practise escape-mentality nor is he to develop quietism. On the other hand, his talents have all to be harnessed to make a fulfilled life. In dedicating himself and his service to the divine he gets himself utiilised to the maximum. As the river gives itself to the ocean and becomes one with it, the devotee gives himself to the lord and becomes one with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment