Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ramanuja's Gita Bhashyam - Chapter 4 - sloka 13


The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of The Bhagavad Gita, published by Ramakrishna Mission.

The four grades of People - Sloka 13-15
1 Gita Sloka every day - Chapter 4 -JnanaKarmaSanyasa Yoga - Sloka 13
Sabari gets darshan of the Lord
Chatuh varnay am maya srushtam guna karma vibhagasah I
Tasya kartarayam m api mam viddhy akrutram aviayam II sloka 13
चतुः वर्णयाम मया सृष्टं गुण कर्म विभगसः ।
तस्य कर्तारं अपि माम विद्ध्य अक्रुत्रं अवियं ।। श्लोक १३ 

The system of 4 stations was created by Me according to the distinction of gunas  and karma. Though I am their creator, know me as non-agent and immutable.

The whole universe beginning with brahma and ending with a cluster  of grass, with the system of 4 stations divided according to sattva and other gunas and by actions like self control corresponding  to the gunas, was created by me. The mention of creation is for illustration. The universe is protected by me alone and is withdrawn by me alone. Know me to be the creator of this manifold actions of creation etc., but at the same time to be a non-agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment