Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ramanuja's Gita Bhashyam - Chapter 4 - sloka 7


The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of Ramanuja Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission.

The Advent & acts of the Incarnation - 4-9
1 Gita Sloka every day - Chapter 4 -JnanaKarmaSanyasa Yoga - Sloka 7


Yada yada hi dharmasya glanir bhavati bharata I
Abhyuktanam adharmasya tadatmanam srijamyaham II sloka 7
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य गलानिर भवति भारत ।
अभ्युक्तानां अधर्मस्य तदात्मानं स्रिजंयाहं ।। श्लोक ७

Whenever there is a decline of dharma, O Arjuna & uprising of Adharma, then I incarnate myself.

 There is no restriction to the tim of my birth; whenever Dharma taught by the vedas that must be observed by the 4 varnas (stations of society) and 4 ashramas (stages of life declines) and adharma, its opposite increases, then I myself by my own will and  in the manner stated, incarnate myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment