Tuesday, December 16, 2014

1 Gita Sloka Every Day - Chapter 15 - Purushottama Yoga - Sloka 18

The entire content of this mail is from Shri V N Gopala Desikan's  Srimad Bhagavad Gita, published by Vishishtadvaita Research Centre, Chennai and The Bhagavad Gita by Swami Chidbhavananda published by Ramakrishna Mission

The Facets of Brahman 16-20
1 Gita Sloka  Every Day - Chapter 15 - Purushottama Yoga - Sloka 18

Tiruppavai Pasuram 1
Yasmat ksharam ati itah aham aksharat api cha uttamah I
Atah asmi loke vede cha prathitah purushottamah II sloka 18
यस्मात् क्षरम् अति इतः अहम् अक्षरात् अपि च उत्तमः I 
अतः अस्मि लोके वेदे च प्रथितः पुरुषोत्तमः II श्लोक 18

As I transcend the Perishable and am even above the Imperishable, therefore am I known in the world and in the Vedas as Purushottama the highest 'Purusha'.

Thus I am superior to both kshara and akshara  as explained in slokas 16 and 17. Therefore, I am called as the highest personor Purushottama by the vedas and smirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment