Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga - Sloka 42

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of Ramanuja Gita Bhashya , published by Ramakrishna Mission

The Essence of the Vibhutis 41-42
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga - Sloka 42


Athava bahuna etena kim gyatena tava arjuna I
Vishtabhya aham idam kritsnam eka ashena sthitah jagat II sloka 42
अथवा बहुना एतेन किं ज्ञातेन तव अर्जुन I 
विष्टभ्य अहं इदं कृत्स्नं एक अशेन स्थितः जगत् II श्लोक 42

But what need is there, O Arjuna, for this detailed knowledge? I stand supporting the whole universe with a single fragment of myself (my power)

What use to you is this detailed knowledge taught by me? I sustain this universe with a infinitesimal fraction of my power -  this universe consisting of sentient and non-sentient entities, whether in effect or causal condition, whether gross or subtle. In such a manner that it does not violate my will in preserving its proper form, existence and various activities. As said by Bhagavad Parasara, "On an infinitesimal fraction of this energy, this universe rests". 

Iti shrimad bhagavad gitasu upanishadtsu brahmavidyayam yogashastre srikrishna arjuna samvade vibhuti yogo nama dashamodhyayah II
इति श्रीमद भगवद्गीतासु उपनिशद्त्सु ब्रह्मविद्यायां योगशास्त्रे  श्रीकृष्ण अर्जुन संवादे विभूति योगो नाम दशमोध्यायः   ।।

No comments:

Post a Comment