Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga - Sloka 19 & 20

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of Bhagavad Gita , published by Ramakrishna Mission

Vibhutis Defined - 19-40
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga - Sloka 19


Shri Bhagavan Uvacha
Hanta te katha yishyami divyah hi atman vibhutayah I
Pradhanyatah kuru shreshta nasti antah vistarasya me II sloka 19
श्री भगवान उवाच 
हन्त ते कथ् यिष्यामि दिव्यः हि आत्मन्  विभूतयः I
पराधान्यतः कुरुश्रेष्ठः न अस्ति अन्तः विस्तरस्य मे II श्लोक 19

The Blessed Lord said
Very well! I shall now tell you my divine glories according to their prominence, O best of the Kurus; there is no end to the details of my manifestation.

The splendours in nature are all verily the attributes of Iswara. It is impossible for Iswara himself to recount them all. A few specimens only can be mentioned; His infinitude may be inferred from them. 
To define God from scriptural knowledge is like defining the holy city of Benares after getting an idea of it from a map.
Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 10 - Vibhuti Yoga - Sloka 20

Ahamatma gudakesha sarva bhuta ashaya sthitah I
Aham adih cha madhyam cha bhutanam antah eva cha II sloka 20
अहम्  आत्मा गुडाकेश सर्व भूत आशय स्थितः I
अहं आदिः च मध्यम् च भुतानां अन्तः एव च II श्लोक 20

I am the self, O Gudakesa, seated in the hearts of all beings. I am the beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings.

The Lord is the innermost self in all beings, which are all his gross manifestation. The effect is nothing but the cause in another form. The Lord is the material as well as the efficient cause of the universe. Gudakesa is he who has conquered sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment