Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 22


The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of Bhagavad Gita , published by Ramakrishna Mission

Man Gets What He Seeks 22-25
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 22

Ananyah chintayantah mam ye janah pari upasate I
Tesham nityam abhiyuktanam yogakshemam vahami aham II sloka 22 
अनन्याः  चिन्तयन्तः  मां ये जनाः परि उपासते I 
तेषाम् नित्यां अभियुक्तानां योगक्षेमं वहामि अहम् II  श्लोक 22 

There  are those who, excluding all else, think of me and worship me, aspiring after eternal union with me. Their propserity and welfare (yoga and kshema) are looked after by me.

There are mahatmas who, excluding everything else and having no other purpose, meditate on me as their only purpose. Because without me, they are unable to sustain themselves. They think of me and worship me with all my auspicious attributes and glories. In the case of such devotees aspiring after eternal union with me, I myself undertake the responsibility of bringing them to myself. Yoga here is translated as prosperity and the act of preserving them i that state for ever as kshema. The meaning is that they do not return to this samsara.

No comments:

Post a Comment