Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 19


The entire content of this mail is from Swami Adidevananda's translation of Ramanuja Gita Bhashya, published by Ramakrishna Mission

Iswara is Everything 16-19
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 19
Adivan Satakopan carrying Malolan
Tapami aham aham varsham nigrahami udsrujami cha I 
Amrutam cha va mrutyuh cha sat asat cha aham arjuna II sloka 19
तपामि अहं अहं वर्षम् निग्रह्नामि उत्स्रजामि च I   
अमृतं च एव मृत्युः च सत् असत् च अहम् अर्जुन II श्लोक 19

I give heat. I hold back and send forth the rain. I am immortality as well as death, O Arjuna. I am the being as also the non-being. the rain during

 I send out heat in the form of fire, the sun etc. I hold back the rain during summer. Likewise, I pour out the rains during the rainy season. I am immortality as well as death - I am both these conditions through which the world lives and dies. Why say more? I,am "the being and the non-being". Being is that which exists in the present time. Non-being is that which existed in the past and that which may exist in the future, but is not experienced now as existing. The meaning is that I alone am existent, having all the entities for my modes, as all intelligent and inert beings existing in all states, constitute my body. In this way, they (the wise) worship me, contemplating, through the realisation of my essential entity, as the entire universe distinguished by names and forms and characterised by varied pluralities constituting my body. I alone exist; all the pluralities are only my modes. 

Thus after depicting the character of the noble minded, whose enjoyment consists of only the experience of the lord, and in order to bring into bolder relief their greatness. He describes the behaviour of ignorant men who covet objects of desire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment