Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 4


The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of The Bhagavad Gita, published by Ramakrishna Mission

The Relationship between Saguna Brahman and Prakriti 1-10
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 9 - Rajavidya Rajaguhya Yoga - Sloka 4

Paramatma in every atma
Maya tatam idam sarvam jagad avyakta murtina I
matasthani sarva bhrutani na chaham teshva vastthitah II sloka 4
मया ततं इदं सर्वं जगद अव्यक्त मूर्तिना I 
मतस्थानि सर्व भृतानि न चाहं तेष्व वस्त्थितः I I  श्लोक 4


All this universe is pervaded by Me in my unmanifested form; all beings exist in Me, but I do not abide in them.

As waves take their origin from the sea and sport on it, all beings from Brahma down to a blade of grass take their origin in Brahman and rest on Him. As the sea is not contained in the waves, the unmanifested Brahman is not contained in the manifest beings. He is infinite while these are all finite.

No comments:

Post a Comment