Monday, December 3, 2012

Bhagavad Gita Chapter 8- Akshara Brahma Yoga - Sloka 23-24-25

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of The Bhagavad Gita, published by Ramakrishna Mission

The Paths of Light and Darkness 23-26

1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 8 - Akshara Brahma Yoga - Sloka 23



1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 8 - Akshara Brahma Yoga - Sloka 23

Yatra kale tu anavrittim chaiva yoginah I
Prayata yanti tam kalam vakshyami bharata rishabha II sloka 23
यत्र काले तु अनावृत्तिं चैव योगिनः I 
प्रयत यन्ति तं कालं वक्ष्यामि भारत ऋषभ I I श्लोक 23

Now I shall tell you, O best of Bharatas, the time in which the yogis depart never to return and also the time in which they depart to return.

1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 8 - Akshara Brahma Yoga - Sloka 24

Agnih jyotih ahah shuklah shad masah uttara ayanam I
Tatra prayatah gachanti brahma brahma vidah janah II sloka 24
अग्निः ज्योतिः अहः शुक्लः षड मासाः उत्तर अयनं I 
तत्र प्रयतः गछन्ति ब्रह्म ब्रह्म विदः जनः I I श्लोक 24

Fire, light, day-time, the bright half of the moon, and the six months of the northern path of the moon, and the six months of the northern path of the sun, then going forth, the knowers of Brahman go to Brahman.


1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 8 - Akshara Brahma Yoga - Sloka 25

Dhumah ratrih tatha krishnah shad masah dakshina ayanam I
Tatra chandra masam jyotih yogi prapya nivartate II sloka 25
धूमः रात्रिः तथा कृष्णः षड मासाः दक्षिणः अयनं I
तत्र चन्द्र मसं ज्योतिः योगी प्राप्य निवर्तते I I श्लोक 25

No comments:

Post a Comment