Friday, September 27, 2013

1 Gita Sloka every day - Chapter 11 - Viswarupa Darsana Yoga - Sloka 45

The entire content of this mail is from Swami Chidbhavananda's translation of Bhagavad Gita  published by Ramakrishna Mission

Arjuna Pleads for the Vision of Gentle Form - 45-46
1 Gita Sloka  every day - Chapter 11 - Viswarupa Darsana Yoga - Sloka 45 


Adrushta purvam harshitam asmi drushtva bhayena cha pravyathitam manah me I
Tad eva me darshaya deva rupam prasida devesha jagan nivasa II sloka 45
अदृष्ट पूर्वं हर्शितम अस्मि दृष्ट्वा भयेन च प्रव्यथितं मनः में I 
तद एव दर्षया देव रूपं प्रसीद देवेश जगन निवास II स्लोक ४५ 

I rejoice that I have seen what was never seen before, but my mind is confused with fear. Show me that form only, O God; have mercy. O God of gods,  O Abode of the universe.

The watery expanses on the globe are endless, presenting various aspects of theirs. The boisterous part is one among them. Parallel to this, in the cosmic form of Iswara, the terrific aspect is an aspect only. This aspect in particular shown to Arjuna in order to relieve him of his war problems. Having been enlightened in regard to his function in this inevitable catastrophe, he does not desire any further to behold that terrible vision. He pleads that he might be put in communion with the placid and pleasant aspect of the cosmic form. While the boisterous aspect is by the way, the peaceful and the blissful aspect is the norm with beings as well as with Iswara.

No comments:

Post a Comment